Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Mama's Love

Being a mom is an overwhelming, intense, trying, and thrilling experience. It's the hardest and most rewarding life lesson. When I am dog tired and Lucy is having a fit because she's experiencing the worst pain ever in her life (teething) I have to remind myself to take a deep breath. This too shall pass. This wonderful feeling of her little body sagging on my chest, her slow deep breaths as she falls into dreamland, and the scent of her sweet skin. All of this will change. She will grow bigger and my lap will seem smaller. I will never get this time back. I will always cherish these moments in the dead of night when we are the only 2 awake. Hearing the sound of trucks on Vreeland, the dogs shuffling about, and the noise machine in the other room breaking up the silence. I am so so so thankful for those moments. I'm thankful that I am here on Earth to experience this crazy, wonderful experience of motherhood.

In the past two months I've photographed quite a lot of families. After each session is edited I look over every individual picture to check for coloring. In reality this should only take me about two to three minutes. However, there are certain pictures that I just stop and stare at. A mama's love is something that every child is so blessed to experience.
Here are some of those images….










No matter where their children are at or how old they get, I have captured these stunning moments of a mother's love. The joy on each of these mama's faces stops me each time. The world in all its chaos and horrible happenings really does have goodness. No one loves you like your Mama…..

If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember.
You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. ~A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment