Friday, January 2, 2015

Onward and Upward 2015!


Happy New Year to all our clients! I trust that everyone had a safe and fun time ringing in the New Year. This new year brings many exciting changes and happenings around the studio. This business adventure has created some really amazing things to happen in our personal and professional lives.

If you are unaware, our studio is in our home. It takes up half of our basement. We tried to maximize our space as much as possible and I think we have done an outstanding job. We had a very successful holiday season shooting over 40 families. We can't thank our clients enough for believing in us. We have seen some of you 3 or 4 times since our opening in August. That kind of support really makes it easy to put our entire effort into making this business the biggest success it can be. We just ordered a new set of 3 strobe lights. They will be in this coming week and I'm so excited to test them out!

Our print ordering process will change a bit. We will be placing orders every Friday. The orders should arrive the following Wednesday or Thursday. You will have 2 weeks after your gallery is online to pick and choose which prints/images you'd like. We have negotiated with our lab in order to not have to raise our prices on our prints. This is the cause for the slower delivery time, however, making sure our product stays affordable is important to us.

I received an amazing gift for Christmas. My husband purchased a brand spanking new Canon 5D mark iii for me as well as a couple of different lenses. Now - if your not into photography or camera stats…this camera costs well into the thousands and has improved my shooting so much that I almost cried the first time I shot with it. I've seriously dreamed about this camera for over a year! Now it's mine and I LOVE IT!

We of course will be having lots of mini sessions this year. First up are Hot Cocoa, Valentine, and Engagement minis! Mini sessions will be geared towards certain holidays or seasons. If they are geared towards a certain holiday they will be offered on select days and times only. Seasonal minis will run through a number of weeks and available anytime during those weeks.

We do have the studio open, however, we will travel to a certain location or even come to your home for a session. I did a Christmas session in a clients home and the images turned out beautifully. Some people feel most comfortable at home and wherever - we need to be to get those amazing shots, we're willing to go!

Sneak peaks will be up for viewing within 24 hours of your session and full galleries will be online 7-10 days from your session. Special events will have full galleries up within 3 weeks from the event date.

We will be woking on getting our awesome APS logo trademarked and get the legalized business crap aspects down.

Most exciting change is the fact that my husband Miguel will be joining me in this amazing, fun adventure behind the camera. His shooting style is a little different then mine. He has this amazing ability to think outside the box and visualize amazing shots while things are in motion. His ability to be a stealth ninja while capturing amazing candids blows my mind. He will be working solely with high school seniors, engaged lovebirds, and weddings.

My goals for 2015 behind the camera involve capturing lots of APS new and frequent flyers. I would like to set up some stylized shots with children of all ages, engaged lovebirds, and newborns. I am testing out the waters of a boudoir session this month and I'm hoping to add that to our list of sessions we offer.

I'm most excited about the weddings that I will be capturing this year. We've got 2 couples that have shown interest in our photography and plan on booking. I can't tell you how excited and proud this makes me. When I first started out in August I told Miguel that I didn't see myself doing weddings. I didn't think I could handle the stress and I was worried about not getting the right shots. As the weeks went by and I became one with my camera and developed a shooting style there was NO doubt in my mind that I could successfully photograph a wedding. With the knowledge that I have obtained in such a small amount of time my affection for my camera and my clients grows with each shutter click.

So onward and upward 2015! Let's make this the best year yet and hard to top in 2016….I wish you many blessings throughout this year and hope to receive your continued support through this crazy, awesome career I've started!

No comments:

Post a Comment